Ignacio García founded IGGA Ignacio García Golf Arquitectura in 1998, an international design practice with headquarters in Marbella that offers services in architecture, engineering, master planning, golf course design, landscape, interior design and project management within Europe, Africa, the Caribbean, Central America and South America.
The firm is leader in architecture for leisure and landscaping and has been the first in Spain to combine design and architecture of the golf courses with the defense of the environment.
Since 2002, Ignacio García has exported the sustainable design of the golf courses to more than a dozen countries on four continents in the conviction that the golf courses provide positive values to the society and the environment if they are designed, constructed and managed conveniently.
IGGA has worked or is working - in a wide range of residential and tourist projects with marina and golf course of more than 500 million of euros in the Caribbean, South America, Central America, Africa and Europe:
- Tarará Gran Residencial in Havana, Cuba.
- A new residential area and a great golf course of 45 holes in Los Flamencos, Cayo Coco, Cuba.
A residential area with hotels, aerodrome, marina and three golf courses in La Altura, Pinar del Río, Cuba.
- Punta Perla Caribbean Golf, Marina & Spa Resort in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic, recognized by International Property Awards in 2007 with four medals: Best Development Caribbean, Best Property Caribbean, Best Marina Development, Best International Marina Development.
- The Reef Club, a residential complex with tourist marina and golf course in Praia do Porto, Pernambuco, Brasil.
- Puerto Cancún, a city within the paradise, the largest residential development of the Mexican Caribbean with marina for big yachts and a golf course in Quintana Roo, México.
- A presidential resort with a championship golf course in Mongomo, Equatorial Guinea.
- A master planning for a residential area with a golf course in Elviria South and North, Marbella, España, which was awarded in the Homes Overseas Awards: third prize for the best promotion of Spanish apartments.
The firm is known to develop building projects of importance:
- The largest Russian Orthodox church in Spain and the first promoted by the Moscow Patriarchate in Andalusia, Marbella, España.
- Rehabilitation and change of use of a Sugar Mill with watchtower protected by Cuban Cultural Heritage in Dolores, Villa Clara, Cuba.
- Restaurant, boutique hotel and beach club in three of the best golf courses in Marbella, Costa del Sol, España.
- A residential area in Luanda, Angola, the most expensive city in the planet in 2010, 2011, 2013...
- Rehabilitation of a clubhouse and construction of a bridge in Elviria Sur, Marbella, España.
- An international residential area for older people in Alhaurín de la Torre, Málaga, España.
- A farm with stables for the breeding of stallions horses of pure Spanish breed in Colmenar, Andalusia, España.
IGGA also has extensive experience in the development of planning projects and golf course design at Europe, Africa and the Caribbean:
- The first master planning for the implementation of golf courses and development of tourism in Cuba promoted by Group of Recreation and Tourism Rumbos, belonging to the Ministry of Tourism MINTUR: Varadero, Havana City, Pinar del Río, Holguín and Cayo Coco, Cuba.
- A masterplan with golf course of tourism interest designed for Mc. Inerney Holdings, the largest real estate group in Ireland and the UK, in Sotogrande, San Roque, Cádiz, Spain.
- The first golf course with clubhouse of international level in more than 50 years in Cuba, winner of an international competition held by the Tourism Group Gaviota, Caibarién, Villa Clara, Cuba.
- Two masterplans with golf course of tourist attractions in Marbella and in Ojén-Monda, Málaga, Spain.
- Two urban developments with a tourist residential area with golf course of high environmental quality in Almogía, Málaga, Spain.
- A residential area with golf course of tourist interest in El Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz, Spain.
- A golf course and a clubhouse of international level next to the new marina in Varadero, Cuba.
- A masterplan with golf course in Ceuta, North Africa, Spain.
- Two masterplans with golf course for group Caixa Catalunya, one next to the Racecourse of the Costa del Sol in the Golf Valley of Mijas and another next to the Natural Park of Los Alcornocales in Gaucín, Málaga, Spain.
- A golf course in Republic of the Congo.
- Three new golf courses in Torremolinos, Mijas and Jimena de la Frontera, Andalusia, Spain.